Figurative Paintings and Drawings: An Overview
Tap or click each image to view larger images.
Since the mid 1980s, I have consistently painted representational images, using references either from the person or object itself or from photographs I have taken. My narratives and portraits fall into several loosely structured groups that overlap:
- Musicians, Singers, Dancers (Requiem Chorus, Diva in Extremis, Operatic Duets, Habaniera)
- Images from old family albums (Between the Wars)
- Portraits (from life or photographs)
- Babies and Children (from photographs)
- Still Lifes (Nature More, Objects painted from the thing itself)
- Combinations and experiments of all these elements.
In this overview, I attempted to choose images that best represent series of paintings. There are hundreds of paintings, drawings, studies, monotypes, and prints. As well, there are large numbers of digitally constructed photographs.